Custom Compounded Resins
Many of the polymer materials DUKE Extrusion works with can be compounded with fillers and other materials to add beneficial properties or enhance the performance of the base resins. As new applications for extruded tubing are developed, we can assist you in developing the ideal custom compounding solution for your needs.
Custom Extrusion Compounding Capabilities:
- Radiopaque extrusions
- Antimicrobial tubing
- Tubing with enhanced lubricity (using our PebaSlix and PolySlix resins)
- Extremely high tensile strength extrusions
- Echogenic tubing
- and other specialty extrusions
Custom compounding also allows us to mix like materials with different durometers to produce a material of intermediate durometer that meets your exact requirements. Because resin manufacturers do not offer their materials in all possible durometers, this extrusion compounding process is beneficial for applications where one ready-made durometer is too soft, but the next available durometer is too hard.
Our custom compounding is performed with a twin-screw extruder which homogenously disperses additives throughout the polymer at a molecular level for reliable, uniform quality and consistency. Extrusion compounding can be combined with custom color matching, as needed.
All custom compounding is done in-house with FDA-approved, medical-grade resins.
Available compounded resins include:
- Nylon (PA) Medical Tubing
- Pebax® Medical Tubing
- PebaSlix™ Medical Tubing
- PolySlix™ Medical Tubing
- Chronoprene® Medical Tubing
- PEEK Medical Tubing
- FEP Medical Tubing
- Polyurethane (PUR) Tubing
- Polypropylene Medical Tubing
- Polyethylene (PE) Medical Tubing
- Polycarbonate Medical Tubing
- Polyester (PET) Medical Tubing
- Hytrel® Medical Tubing