Custom Medical Co-Extrusion Tubing
Coextrusion is the continuous extrusion of two or more materials simultaneously to create a single tube or profile. Duke can manufacture medical and catheter tubing with multiple layers of different materials, or segments of a tubing profile may be composed of different materials, such as striped tubing. Using different materials within a single tubing structure can improve performance and durability, and create custom tubing solutions for a variety of clinical applications.
We can create various coextrusions, including:
- Single lumen tubing with two or more concentric layers of different materials
- Single lumen tubing with different materials comprising different portions of its cross-section for arc length markings, to add stripes or other aesthetic considerations, etc.
- Multi-lumen tubing with different materials for each lumen
- Tapered single- or multi-lumen tubing with layers of varied thicknesses
- Coextruded paratubing: multiple tubes joined from different materials or colors
- and other custom configurations to meet your needs.
Contact Duke Extrusion to Learn More About our Coextrusion CapabilitiesNeed your products quick? Duke Extrusion has you covered with our ultra-fast shipping times. Our stock tubing products, ship within 24 hours of purchase and braided standard tubing ships within 48 hours of order placement! At Duke Extrusion, we make purchasing medical-grade tubing easy with short lead times and quick, convenient, and hassle-free shipping. It’s not just stock products that ship with industry best lead times, custom extrusion and rapid customized catheter products are also provided with the shortest lead times available and personalized service. That’s the Duke difference!
Get a quote for the coextruded medical or catheter tubing you need, or contact us to learn more about how coextrusions can be custom tailored to meet the needs of your medical application or other specifications.